Tuesday, December 29, 2009

*Una Familia Encantadora* Albuquerque, NM Family Photographer*

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
~Desmond Tutu~

I always love meeting back up with people that you haven't seen in many years. I enjoy seeing where life has led them, and who they have married. I like catching up, talking about the past, and hearing of plans for their future. But the one thing I love the most about this type of interaction is meeting their children. I like to observe them and discover characteristics and mannerisms that remind me of who their parent was years ago. This family I felt especially honored to shoot. I was able to reconnect with an old friend, meet her parents, seeing a glimpse of where she had come from, and also be introduced to her husband and his mother who had traveled from Mexico. Having all of these beautiful souls in front of my lens reinforced the belief that family is life's greatest blessing... it overcomes all language barriers, distance, and time, while encompassing all those involved in an envelope of unconditional love. Gracias Harris and La familia de Martinez, mucho amor y paz siempre.


No comments:

Post a Comment