Monday, September 21, 2009

*A Grand Adventure* Albuquerque, NM Maternity Photographer*

A grand adventure is about to begin.
~Winnie the Pooh~

When I shoot (or even see) a pregnant belly it stirs something familiar inside of me. I can vividly remember the kicks, the hiccups, and the fluid movements of that small, blessing growing inside of me. I can also remember the heaviness of that little being, the tiredness of it all, and the constant worry that something could go wrong. I cherish all of those times in a place that only mothers know. When I am in the presence of a pregnant woman I can sympathize and share in their anticipation. I am able to enjoy the cuteness of it all, and simply embrace what a miracle the entire process is.

As a cervical cancer survivor, I knew that losing that ability to have more of my own tiny miracles would be hard, but feel so amazingly, and sometimes overwhelmingly, blessed that my job, if that is what you want to call it, allows me to experience those feelings of excitement once again. I whole heartedly want to thank my expectant clients (& then their newborns) for sharing themselves and a little piece their own personal miracle with me and my camera. Abundant blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment